Our elopement coverage starts at $5500 and includes all travel costs. Contact us for a custom quote, because everyone’s situation is unique!
We understand that choosing a photographer for your elopement can be daunting and kind of scary! We’re here to make it easy, simple, and clear as glass. Here is what you can expect!
1. We’ll hop on a Zoom or FaceTime call to have you dish on all of the fun details! Where are we going? What’s your favorite thing about your location? How long will we shoot? Where will we shoot? What’s your vibe? We’ll hammer it all out and get to know each other in the process!
2. Once we decide on your date, we’ll send over all of the info we’ll need to make it official! We’ll also discuss travel deets!
3. After booking, we’ll send over our prep guide that includes helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your elopement! We’ll also send over a questionnaire to help make sure not a single detail is missed. We’ll also discuss required permits for your location(s).
4. 2-3 weeks before the big day, we’ll send over a detailed timeline of the day. It’ll include best times to photograph at certain locations, accessibility/difficulty to get to the location(s), etc.
5. We’ll check in with you consistently in the months and weeks leading up to your elopement to ensure communication is constant and you have a chance to let us know of changes or requests
6. The day before your elopement, we’ll arrive to scout the locations and get ready to shoot some amazing images!
7. The day of, we show up ready to rock! We’ll bring our Elopement Emergency kit which includes everything from bear spray to bobby pins, hairspray to extra cuff links; tissues, makeup sponges, Lifesavers for when you need a blood sugar boost, safety pins to “that time of the month” supplies. No matter what gets thrown at us, we’ll be ready!
8. After your elopement, you two will head back to your resting spot while we head out with memory cards full of gorgeous images! Expect a sneak peek THAT DAY! We don’t like to wait to share your images!
9. Once your images are edited to perfection, you’ll receive a link to an online gallery to revel in your love story in photo-form.
10. About 2 months after your elopement, we’ll reach out to see how you’re doing! You’ll also receive a hand-written thank you card for trusting us with your most important day.
You’ll get a minimum of 60 photos per hour of coverage. But, we’re chronic over-shooters so you can probably expect a lot more than that! All of your edited photos will be beautifully edited and curated into an online gallery and a custom engraved USB drive for safekeeping.
That’s a hard question to answer because traveling to new and exciting locations never gets old! Big Sur was a life changing experience and Northern Ireland was a DREAM, but I enjoy adventuring anywhere and everywhere!
Typically, all you need is the OG: Katie. You can definitely request to have an assistant tag along, though! This is something we’ll discuss in our consultation call!
Katie VanderWal is a published, inclusive, documentary-style wedding and elopement photographer based in Grand Rapids, Michigan available for worldwide travel. For FULL WEDDING DAY coverage, please click here.
Copyright © 2023 Sonder. by Love; Photography - All Rights Reserved.